Do any of you garden? I do and I know how frustrating some of those weeds can be! However, did you know that dandelions in particular have a TON of natural health benefits? I love to cook with dandelion greens, which are known to lower blood sugar, reduce inflammation and provide antioxidants. You should definitely try this soup out and let me know just how yummy those pesky weeds can be!
New Year Dandelion Soup
- 4-5 cups boiling water
- 2 onions medium sized
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cauliflower head chopped
- 1 bunch dandelion greens
- Celtic salt and black pepper to taste
- Chop your onions and add to a soup pot over medium-high heat with coconut oil and minced garlic.
- Lower your heat to medium, add the cauliflower and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add your water and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Add the dandelion greens and cover. They should wilt in about a minute.
- Remove from heat and allow the soup to cool before transferring to a blender.
- Blend until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with coconut yogurt and yuzu zest.
What do you think?