Zesty grapefruit radicchio & fennel salad
Simple Yet Zesty Grapefruit, Radicchio, Fennel Salad
- 1 navel orange optional
- 1 pink grapefruit
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 cups thinly sliced fennel bulb
- 4 cups thinly sliced radicchio
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- Fresh dill chopped
- 1 cups gluten-free croutons optional
- How to Make It;
- Peel and section orange and grapefruit over a bowl; squeeze membranes to extract juice. Set sections aside; reserve 3 tablespoons juice. Discard membranes. Combine juice, oil, vinegar, and honey in a large bowl. Add fennel, radicchio, and onion; toss to coat. Cover and let stand 30 to 60 minutes. Top with orange and grapefruit sections; sprinkle evenly with salt and fresh dill.
- Let the salad stand at room temperature at least 30 minutes before serving. This allows the dressing to penetrate the vegetables and tenderize them a bit for a less aggressive crunch.