Baked Oats are extremely popular these days, but with an oat intolerance, I’ve had to create something my body can digest! Whether you’re also oat-intolerant, gluten-free, or just looking for a new and exciting breakfast/ sweet treat, my Baked Chocolate Millet Porridge is right up your alley. Baked simply in a casserole dish, this recipe is incredible for preparing ahead of a busy week and just reheating (or eating room-temp!). I added bee pollen on top but I’m imagining how delicious this would be with some drizzled chocolate and berries. Enjoy!
Baked Chocolate Millet Porridge
- 2 cups organic almond milk
- 1/2 cup organic maple syrup
- 1/3 cup organic pumpkin seed butter
- 1/2 tablespoon alcohol free vanilla extract 1 tsp if regular
- 2 cups organic millet flakes
- 1/4 cup organic cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon organic chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon flax meal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup sugar free dark chocolate chips you can also use cacao nibs if you prefer a bitter chocolate flavor
- Heat oven to 350F.
- Mix together wet ingredients first, then add dry ingredients. Finally, fold in the chocolate chips. Prepare a casserole dish with parchment paper and pour in the batter and smooth. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
What do you think?