For all those chocolate lovers out there… do I have the recipe for you! Introducing my Chocolate Coconut Pumpkin Bread— it satisfies all those chocolate cravings, while adding a delicious fall touch to an otherwise classic recipe. Adding pumpkin was a no-brainer as it really amps up the richness, and the spices really add a delightful decadence to the loaf. Whether you’re getting into fall baking now or waiting until we’re further along in the season, be sure to save, Pin or print this recipe as I know it will become a family favorite for years to come! Xx
Chocolate Coconut Pumpkin Bread (Gluten-Free)
- 1.5 cups organic pumpkin puree
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 3 tbsp coconut oil melted and cooled
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 1 tsp alcohol free vanilla extract
- 1 cup 1:1 gluten free flour
- ½ cup cacao powder unsweetened
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips I used refined sugar free
- Pinch of salt
- Additional chocolate chips and shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together all the wet ingredients, mixing until smooth and combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. Using a sifter, sift the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and whisk until a batter forms. Fold in the shredded coconut and dark chocolate chips last.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, topping with additional chocolate chips and shredded coconut.
- Bake at 350F for 55-70 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
What do you think?