This recipe is one of my FAVORITE soups! It’s so comforting, creamy, flavorful, and super healthy!
Carrot | Ginger | Parsnip | Turmeric | Soup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 6-7 sweet carrots chopped into 1 in pieces
- 2 large parsnips chopped into 1 in cubes
- 1 larger sweet onion chopped
- 5 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 inches fresh ginger root chopped
- 2 inches fresh turmeric root chopped
- 1 half sweet potato chopped into 1 in cubes
- 1 large tablespoon of homemade almond butter
- 4-6 cups vegetable broth or water
- Celtic salt to taste
- Herbs like thyme rosemary, sage, etc.
- Heat a large pot, add oil and cook onions on low for 10 min. Add garlic & ginger, cook for 5 more min.
- Add carrots, turnip, sweet potato, salt, and herbs. Cook stirring often for 15 min.
- Add in vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Reduce down to a simmer and simmer for 20 min or until all veggies are cooked.
- Once finished, let cool and then transfer to a high-speed blender and purée until smooth constituency. Once also there, add in almond butter and blend until mixed well.
- Serve immediately and top with olive oil and your favorite toasted nut.