If this isn’t fall in a meal, I don’t know what is… For this comforting autumn dinner, I threw together a few ingredients I already had in my kitchen (and I bet you do too!) The chicken turned out flavorful, moist and came together deliciously with mashed cauliflower and steamed spinach sides. Here’s the recipe for my dijon maple chicken…
Dijon Maple Glazed Chicken
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 6- ounce boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup organic maple syrup
- 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp stone-ground mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Heat oil in a large, overproof skillet.
- Season chicken well with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken to pan (over heated oil) and cook 2 minutes per side or until golden brown. Then, remove chicken from pan.
- Add broth, syrup, 1 tsp of the thyme and minced garlic to pan, scraping with a spatula for the browned bits.
- Cook sauce for two minutes, stirring occasionally. Add vinegar and mustard and cook for an additional minute.
- Add chicken back to the pan (with any juices on the plate) and spoon the sauce over the chicken.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the pan and set aside. Heat the skillet for 2 minutes or until the sauce because a thick consistency.
- To serve, spoon sauce over the chicken and sprinkle the remaining 1 tsp of fresh thyme.