One of my favorite ways to use up leftover veggies is by tossing everything onto a pizza or flatbread for an easy and delicious meal. Using my gluten-free dough as my base, I loaded this flatbread up with Fall squash, sliced zucchini, goat cheese, and pesto and I truly believe everyone needs to try this recipe (it’s THAT good). I also wanted to show you that gluten-free pizza is EASY— you don’t need a pizza oven, a ton of fancy ingredients, or a lot of time. This recipe came together in under 15 minutes and is truly one of the most satisfying dishes ever! Xx
Fall Flatbread (GF) with Squash, Zucchini, Pesto, and Goat Cheese
- Pizza dough enough for one pizza— see my recipe on my website
- Small handful arugula
- 1/4 cup cooked and cubed honey nut or butternut squash
- 1/4 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 zucchini sliced thin
- Goat cheese to taste
- 2-3 tbsp pesto I used the recipe on my site
- Olive oil
- Celtic salt and red pepper flakes to taste
- Preheat oven to 475F. Prepare your pizza dough, I used my gluten-free crust recipe on shaynas kitchen.com
- Spread olive oil on a pizza pan, pizza stone or regular pan. Spread the dough until it forms a circle and reaches your desired thickness. Brush with olive oil.
- Bake the crust for 3-4 minutes and remove from oven.
- Spread arugula, cooked squash, halved cherry tomatoes, zucchini, goat cheese, and pesto on the flatbread.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle salt. Bake for 4-5 minutes and then raise oven temperature to Broil. Broil for an additional minute or two or until cooked through and golden brown on the edges.