Fresh Basil Pesto Sauce
Pesto is my favorite. I put it on pizzas, pastas, roasted vegetables, sandwiches, chicken— anything really! I made a fresh batch today and wanted to make sure you guys knew this recipe Xx
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 tsp sea salt plus more to taste
- 2 cups fresh basil packed
- 2 cups spinach packed
- 3 cloves garlic minced, about 1 1/2 tbsp
- Optional: 3 tbsp sun-dried tomatoes chopped, if in oil: drain
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil more may be needed
- Pepper flakes to taste
- First, toast your nuts in the oven until golden brown.
- Add all ingredients in a food processor and blend. Add olive oil as you blend to reach your desired consistency. Store in the fridge and enjoy!