Let me first apologize for not sharing this recipe sooner. For any of those in the depths of winter, looking for something to brighten up their day… here’s my Ginger, Grapefruit Cucumber Relish. Honestly we could rename it to Sunshine Relish— it’s slightly spicy (from the pepper), very bright (from the grapefruit), and just SO fresh. Serve on a baked piece of salmon or chicken or on a salad for a bright, healthy and zesty touch to a dish. I like to make it ahead, store in the fridge and add it to a protein for an easy but delicious dinner!
Ginger Grapefruit Cucumber Relish
- 1 cucumber chopped
- 1 grapefruit segmented and then cut into individual pieces— separate half of the juice or it will be too liquid-y.
- 1 jalapeño minced
- 1 medium shallot minced
- 4 inch fresh ginger grated
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1 tsp organic honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Remove cucumber seeds and cube.
- Segment the grapefruit and separate from one half of the juice— you don’t want this to be TOO liquid-y!
- Mince the jalapeño.
- Add all the other ingredients to a small bowl and whisk together until a uniform consistency forms.
- Add in cucumber, grapefruit and jalapeño to coat well.
- Serve cold and refrigerate leftovers for up to 48 hours.
What do you think?