I don’t know about you guys , but I LOVE a fresh out of the oven chocolate chip cookie with a side of homemade almond milk. This recipe makes you feel like you are truly eating a guilty cookie, BUT you aren’t ! BEST THING EVER !
Gluten Free VEGAN Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/3 cup solidified coconut oil or Argan cooking oil
- 1/2 cup honey or coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons alcohol free vanilla extract
- 4/6 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 cup almond flour not almond meal
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Celtic salt
- 2 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 flax eggs
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips naturally sweetened
- Preheat the oven to 350°F then line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment (or a large bowl using a hand mixer) combine Argan cooking oil or coconut oil and honey or coconut sugar. Mix on high for 1 minute then add vanilla extract and almond milk. Continue to mix for another 30 seconds.
- With the mixer running add the almond flour first. Next add the brown rice flour flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Continue to mix for about 20 seconds, until a dough forms. Using a spatula, scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl in between mixing to assure all of the ingredients are combined. If the dough appears dry and crumbly, try allowing it to mix for longer. If it’s still crumbly, try adding a tablespoon of milk. Stir in the chocolate chips at the end with a spatula.
- Using a scooper or a spoon, scoop out about 1 and 1/2 tablespoons of dough at a time. Arrange them on the baking sheet with about 2 inches in between each. Bake in the oven for 12-13 minutes, until edges are light golden brown. Allow to cool for at least 15 minutes before serving. They will continue to firm up as they cool. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for up to 5 days. You can also freeze the balls before baking and bake from frozen when ready to eat