Kelp Noodle Chicken Soup With Homemade Broth
This is a great low carb chicken noodle soup recipe! You can not include chicken for a vegan version.
- 1 whole organic free-range chicken
- 1 onion
- 2 carrots
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 zucchini
- 1/2 celery root
- A hand full of mushrooms
- 4 Rosemary twigs
- A Handful of Parsley
- 6 Chives
- 2 Sage leaves
- 4 in of fresh Ginger root
- Celtic salt
- 1 large Kale
- 1 lemon juiced.
- 1 onion chopped small
- 1/2 leek chopped small
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 carrots chopped small
- 1 small zucchini cut into small pieces
- 2 kale leaves deveined and cut into small pieces
- Cooked chicken chopped into small pieces.
MIXED HERB TOPPING
- Parsley minced
- Chives minced
- Green onion minced
- Thyme minced
- Add whole chicken and all ingredients (except lemon) into a large pot. Cover with water and bring to a simmer.
- Cook for 1 1/2 hours, remove chicken. Then continue simmering for 2-4 more hours.
- Once done. Drain and keep the broth. Add lemon, salt, and cayenne to taste. Keep on the side.
- In a sauté pan cook the onions on medium low until golden brown. (About 6-8min)
- Add in garlic and cook 3 more min. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Cook the carrots in the same pan. Set aside. Lastly cook the kale and zucchini, def aside.
- Drain and rinse kelp noodles. Add the desired amount into a bowl, followed by all other ingredients. Add in broth and top with mixed herbs