If you’re a lover of the popular tropical cocktail, you must try my Pina Colada Chia Pudding Parfaits. Layers of creamy chia pudding, topped with extra pineapple and coconut… aka vacation in a cup. Perfect for breakfast, snacks, and for the kids, this recipe is an awesome one to have on hand. I love to meal prep this recipe as it doesn’t get more simple (or delicious!) than this. Make a big batch of pudding ahead of a busy week and store your parfaits for grab-and-go solutions on the way to work or between errands! Enjoy!
Piña Colada Chia Pudding Parfaits
- 1/2 cup chopped pineapple
- 1 can unsweetened coconut milk 13.5 oz
- 1 tsp alcohol free vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup diced pineapple
- 4 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- Optional: maple syrup to sweeten
- In a blender, blend chopped pineapple, coconut milk and vanilla extract until smooth. If your pineapple is not ripe or not that sweet, you can also add a few teaspoons of maple syrup to sweeten.
- Pour into a bowl or into glasses of choice.
- Add the chia seeds and stir well.
- Place in the freezer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally or until the chia seeds are plump and softened and turns into a pudding consistency.
- To serve, add the chopped pineapple and unsweetened coconut flakes and enjoy cold.