I’ll be honest… I have a few leftover pumpkins from cooking my Halloween recipes. I wanted to show you a quick side dish I started making this year that is equal parts delicious as it is seasonally appropriate 🍂 I thought of it when thinking ahead for my Thanksgiving menu and found it so warm and comforting, just knew I had to share it this week. Enjoy!
Roasted Pumpkin with Herbed Tahini Dipping Sauce
- 1 sugar pie pumpkin
- Olive oil
For the sauce
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1 tsp minced dill
- 1 tsp minced basil
- 1 tsp minced tarragon
- 1 garlic clove minced
- Salt and pepper
- Water as needed to make it creamy
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Wash the pumpkin thoroughly. Cut in half and remove the seeds with a spoon. Cut the pumpkin into wedges about 0.5-1 inches thick.
- On a parchment lined baking sheet, arrange the wedges in a single layer. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper, paprika, nutmeg and cayenne.
- Roast the pumpkin wedges for 25 minutes or until fork tender.
- Meanwhile, mix the ingredients for the dipping sauce. Add water as needed to make it creamy and to reach your desired consistency.
- Serve the roasted pumpkin warm alongside the tahini sauce.