What to do when you love oatmeal but have an allergy to oats? Cream of buckwheat! When I made this recipe last week, so many of you wanted to know the recipe and I couldn’t wait to share it. I’ve been making this breakfast for years as it truly keeps you full for hours. Ahead of a busy workday or school day for your kids, my warm Cream of Buckwheat is a protein-filled no-brainer. Garnish with your desired toppings for a delicious and sweet morning treat.
Sweet Almond + Vanilla Cream of Buckwheat
- 1/2 cup cream of buckwheat
- 2 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1 tsp alcohol-free vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ceylon cinnamon
- Plus desired toppings
- Bring milk to a boil.
- Stir in cream of buckwheat.
- Return to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes or until the liquid has mostly absorbed.
- Garnish with desired toppings. I used cherries, bananas, blueberries, oat-free granola, and apple.