Sweet and Spicy Jalapeño Poppers because ahead of a holiday weekend of hosting, I realized EVERYBODY needs more fun ideas for easy appetizers. Fresh jalapeños are sliced in half and filled with a rich vegan cheese filling and some fresh pineapple. Savory, spicy and sweet… what more could you ask for?! I’ll be honest I’m not a huge fan of vegan cheeses but am loving this @kitehill option made from almond milk. With just a few basic ingredients (that you probably always have on hand), you too can whip up this delicious appetizer that family and friends will both love!
Sweet & Spicy Vegan Jalapeño Poppers
- 10 jalapeños 2-3 inches in size
- 1/4 of a pineapple diced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 green onion sliced
- 5 oz Kite Hill Everything flavored Dairy-Free Cream Cheese
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Slice your jalapeños in half lengthwise. Be careful when handling the jalapeños, I used gloves. Use your gloved finger or a spoon to carefully remove the seeds and the rind from each half. Wash and pat dry. Set aside.
- Chop the pineapple into small pieces and heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Sauté the pineapple until soft and golden brown. Remove from heat.
- Prepare the filling by adding the cream cheese to a bowl. Once the pineapple has cooled slightly, mince it into small chunks. Add the minced pineapple to the cream cheese and a pinch of salt.
- Chop 1 green onion and add to the mixture, stirring well to combine.
- On a baking sheet, arrange cleaned jalapeño halves and using a spoon, carefully divide the cheese mixture evenly into all of the jalapeños.
- Broil for 4-5 minutes or until crispy and golden brown on the edges.