Let’s make a perfect Christmas cocktail tonight! This one is smooth, sweet and smokey— all I REALLY ask for in a cocktail. It has coconut milk, honey, citrus and my favorite alcohol, mezcal (although you can use tequila if you’d like!) It blends some of my favorite flavors and love the way the light fruit juices offset the creamy coconut milk (without any of the gross traditional heavy liquors). I garnished with fresh mint and a few cranberries for a festive look and can’t wait for you to try it!
Coconut and Citrus Mezcal Cocktail
- 2.5 oz unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 oz tequila or mezcal
- .5 oz orange juice
- .5 oz lime juice
- .5 oz honey water
- Mint and cranberries for garnish
Ingredients for honey water
- 2 cups room temperature filtered water
- 2 tbsp raw local honey
- Add honey into the water and mix until dissolved. If you have trouble, heat the water slightly. Store the honey water in a container and keep in the fridge for up to two weeks.
- In a cocktail shaker, add the alcohol, lime, orange juice, coconut milk and 0.5 oz of the prepared honey water. Shake vigorously.
- Pour over ice. I like to garnish with mint, cranberries or pomegranate seeds.