The other day, one of YOU asked me what to do with their butternut squash… and here it is: my go-to Curried Butternut Squash and Broccoli Soup. For those of you who made and loved the Thai Chicken Soup, this is right up your alley! This dish is vegan, but will please absolutely everyone with those flavorful layers of nutty squash, creamy coconut milk, savory curry spice and fresh broccoli. Make it this weekend and be sure to send me pictures and reviews!
Curried Butternut Squash and Broccoli Soup
- 1 butternut squash cubed
- 2 small bunches of broccoli chopped (I used about half of the stems too)
- 1 large onion
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1/2 can of coconut milk mixed well
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 4 cups of water or more— just to fully cover the veggies
- Cayenne to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mince your onions.
- Cover the bottom of a big soup pot with coconut milk. Add in the minced onions and brown them over medium heat.
- Add in the minced garlic and stir well. Add all other ingredients to soup pot.
- Cover with water. I used about 4 cups but it will depends on how big your squash is and how big your soup pot is.
- Let it simmer on medium heat and cook until vegetables are super tender.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Pour soup to a high-powdered blender and blend until uniform. I garnished with coconut cream, dehydrated zucchini, and pepitas.