I’ve shared the recipes for the two sides on this plate, but haven’t shared this chicken yet. This recipe is not your boring chicken recipe— it’s moist, savory, herby, and deliciously Mediterranean inspired. It’s EASY, but don’t let that fool you— this is one of my favorite chicken dishes. Serve it with my brussel sprouts and yesterday’s roasted pumpkin recipe for a well balanced and healthy comforting meal.
Delicious Marinated Mediterranean Chicken
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp celtic salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Add all ingredients to a large resealable bag, toss well and make sure chicken is evenly coated.
- Marinate the chicken in the bag for at least 3 hours. *Note- the longer you’re able to marinate the chicken, the better. Sometimes I even go overnight!
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a baking dish with parchment paper and after marinating the chicken, place the breasts in your prepared dish.
- Cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of the chicken. I baked mine for 20-25 minutes and knew it was finished once it reached 165F with a meat thermometer and the juices ran clear.