Homemade Pizza with Radicchio and Zucchini
For the dough
- 1 cup of buckwheat flower
- 1 cup of rice flour
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tbs of olive oil
- 3/4 cup of water
- 1 tsp of dried basil
- 1 tsp of olive oil
For the sauce
- 1 white onion chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes diced
- 1 large garlic clove or 2 small minced
- 2 tbsp of mixed blend everyday seasoning
- 1 tbsp of dried garlic
- 3 tbsp of dried or fresh basil
- 1 lemon juiced
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup of water
- 2 tbsp of olive oil or less to help with blending
- 1 medium zucchini sliced thin
small head of radicchio
- Olive oil
- Goat’s or sheep’s milk cheese of choice
- For the crust: Preheat oven to 425 F. Place a rack towards the top of your oven.
- Combine the buckwheat flour, rice flour, salt and olive oil in a bowl. Add in dried basil and a touch more salt. Mix to combine.
- Slowly add water and mix with hands. I ended up using 3/4 cup of water but add until you reach your desired consistency.
- Pour olive oil on hands and roll dough into ball.
- Begin to flatten on parchment paper- add more olive oil if needed to keep your hands nonstick. Flatten until the pizza is round and thin.
- Bake for 5 minutes at the top rack of the oven at 425F. Remove from oven.
- Prepare the sauce: Add a bit of olive oil to a pan and sauté the onion for 5 to 8 minutes on medium low. Add salt to taste.
- Add the garlic and chopped tomatoes- stir and let sauté.
- Add the mixed blend seasoning, dried garlic, and dried basil (fresh would be ideal but I didn’t have any). Stir. Add red pepper flakes and salt to taste.
- Add the juice of 1 lemon and stir.
- Add the water and stir. Sauté for 15 minutes and remove from heat to let cool slightly.
- Once cooled slightly, add to blender. Drizzle in olive oil while blending so that it blends smoothly. You can also add a little more water to help.
- Raise oven temperature to 450F.
- To make the pizza, take the baked dough and spoon the sauce on top, spreading evenly. Top with radicchio and zucchini slices. Shave cheese on top and finish with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Bake at 450F for 6-8 minutes.