Open-Faced Goat Cheese and Caramelized Onion Sandwich (Gluten-Free)
A 5-minute appetizer ahead of holiday season? Count me in! I made this recipe last week when I was trying to use up leftovers from pizza night and oh my goodness… it’s one of the best things to come out of my kitchen in 2021. There are not enough good things I could say about this recipe— it’s decadent, yet small, and savory with just a touch of sweetness. And best of all, it’s in and out of the oven in under 5 minutes, making it the perfect appetizer to any Friendsgiving, Thanksgiving or holiday dinner parties this year. Make it this week for lunch as a tester recipe you deserve it!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Gluten free bread I used one from my local bakery @gjustabakery
- Goat cheese
- Caramelized onions
- Celtic Salt
- Preheat the oven to broil.
- In an oven-safe skillet, heat a bit of olive oil in the bottom of a pan. Lightly toast both sides of the bread. Remove from heat.
- Add the goat cheese crumbles on top of the toast. Add caramelized onions. Broil for 1-2 minutes, until the goat cheese gets a little melted.
- Add walnuts and broil for another minute.
- To finish, drizzle with a bit of honey and celtic salt to taste. Enjoy!
Submit your review