Apricots scream “summer” to me— they’re sweet and tart at the same time, and that gorgeous pale orange color can dress up any recipe! I had a full fruit bowl of apricots and realized that the sweet and velvety taste from the apricots would balance the smokey, smooth flavor of my favorite mezcal. If you’re still uncertain about mezcal, I think this recipe would also be great with a good tequila swapped in— enjoy 🍹
Summer Apricot Mezcal Cocktail
- 6 small apricots halved and pitted
- 1 and 1/2 full lime juiced
- 1 small handful fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 serrano pepper
- Your choice of mezcal or tequila 4 ounces
- In a high powered blender, blend together pitted apricots, the juice of one lime, water and mint leaves.
- Strain the mixture through a mesh strainer.
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle a few slices of serrano pepper (amount depends on how spicy you’d like) and add honey. Add 4 ounces of the apricot mixture and 4 ounces of your desired alcohol.
- Juice half a lime into the cocktail shaker and add 1/2 cup of water. Shake vigorously.
- Strain into two glasses over ice and garnish with a slice of serrano. Enjoy!