My veggie stir-fry taco REALLY hit the spot tonight. It was one of those meals I just threw together and the second I tasted it, knew I had to immediately write down what I did for you guys before I forgot a single ingredient. If you’ve never tried sumac, pick some up to taste it in this dish— it’s a bright and tangy spice often used in Mediterranean or Middle Eastern cuisine. Use the veggies you have on hand, this is what I had tonight!
Veggie Stir Fry Taco
- 1 @sietefood chia cassava flour tortilla
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 leek
- 2 zucchini
- 1 bunch purple asparagus
- 1/2 of a sugar pie pumpkin roasted
- 4 stalks of kale stems removed and chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 tsp sumac
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 avocado
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop all vegetables into bite size pieces.
- Heat olive oil in a pan, sauté leek for around 8 minutes. Add asparagus and cook for 5 minutes. Add zucchini and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add in all the spices and the kale and the pumpkin. Stir well. Covered and cook on low for 2 minutes to heat the pumpkin.
- Add lemon and lime juice and stir well. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary.
- Heat tortilla, layer in veggies and top with avocado and a dash of cayenne.