Easy, 5 minute egg tacos that can be made for breakfast, lunch or dinner (or if you’re like me, ALLLL three!) When I’m in a bind on time or ingredients, this is one of my go-to’s… the secret is in the seasoning. If you’ve got veggies, eggs and a tortilla on hand, this recipe is on my list of essentials that all cooks (experts and novices, alike!) should know 🍳
5 Minute Zucchini and Egg Taco
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 zucchini chopped
- 1.5 tbsp dill
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp red pepper flakes or less if you’re not a fan of spice
- 1 small handful sprouts
- 1 gf tortilla I use @sietefoods
- Chop zucchini and add to a frying pan over medium heat with olive oil. Sauté for about 2-3 minutes until zucchini becomes tender.
- With a fork, whisk eggs with the spices. Add in eggs to zucchini skillet and begin to scramble. Cook until desired doneness.
- Meanwhile, heat your tortilla either in a cast iron skillet or directly over the flame of your stove. I like mine to get slight char marks as it tastes the best.
- When your eggs are almost finished, add in sprouts and continue to scramble.
- To plate, layer in your egg and zucchini scramble over your heated tortilla and top with more sprouts. Enjoy!