I get a lot of requests for easy recipes and am happy to give you guys this simple, but delicious dinner idea! Overall this full dinner has only 7 ingredients (and that’s including salt and pepper!) I was able to get the grill marks by using a cast iron skillet and just tossed the sunchokes and asparagus with a bit of olive oil, salt and pepper— isn’t that so simple?! Enjoy!
7 Ingredient Dinner: Opah Fish with Sunchokes and Asparagus
- Opah fish amount depends on how many people you’re serving
- 1 whole lemon juiced
- 2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bundle of asparagus
- Sun chokes cubed
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cube the sun choke and toss with salt and pepper (and cayenne if you’d want to add a little heat).
- Add sun choke and asparagus (also seasoned with salt and pepper) to a sheet and drizzle with a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Roast the vegetables at 400 for 25 minutes or until cooked through.
- Heat olive oil in a cast iron pan.
- Squeeze lemon over both sides of your fish and season with salt and pepper.
- Sear fish on high heat for 3-4 minutes per side or until the fish is cooked through.
- To assemble the plate, add a heaping pile of sun choke, a few spears of asparagus and your opah filets.