Here’s a quick 5 minute recipe— these quick jicama-wrapped tacos are exactly what you need for a lively Mexican inspired meal. Anyone who knows me knows I LOVE Mexican food so using those seasonings for the beef was a no-brainer. You can pick up jicama sliced into shells at some grocery stores or do it yourself using a mandolin. I love the way the jicama offers a slight crunch and a mild, sweet flavor that perfectly compliments the Mexican spices of the meat.
5- Minute Jicama-Wrapped Tacos
- 1 pack jicama shells or 1 large jicama, sliced thinly
- 1 avocado
- 1 lb organic free range ground chicken
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- 1/8 tsp onion power
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Salsas or sauces as desired I used @sietefoods
- Add avocado oil to pan. Once heated, at the chicken into the pan and cook until browned.
- Add the onion and cook until it turns translucent. Add all seasonings and mix well.
- To plate, lay flat your jicama slices, and pile high with ground chicken and onion mixture. I added avocado, thinly sliced radishes and my favorite sauces from @sietefoods.