6 Ingredient Almond Joy Stuffed Dates
- 20 dates (pitted)
- 1/2 cup coconut butter
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 20 almonds
- 1 1/4 cup dairy-free (refined-sugar free chocolate chips)
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Place the almonds on a baking sheet and bake for around 8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Pit your dates and set on a plate. Add coconut butter to a mixing bowl. Add in the shredded coconut and mix. If it’s too liquid-y, put in the fridge or if it’s too firm, heat slightly until its creamy and spreadable.
- Remove almonds from oven and let cool slightly.
- Scoop about 1 tsp of the coconut mixture into the wells of the pitted dates. Using a spoon and a clean finger stuff the dates, finishing with a roasted almond in the center of each coconut filled date.
- Transfer the dates to the freezer and prepare the chocolate coating by heating a small saucepan of water to a low boil. Once boiling, reduce to simmer. Place a glass bowl over the water (so its above the water but not touching), and add the chocolate and coconut oil. Heat until melting, stirring often. Once melted, turn off the heat and set aside to slightly cool.
- Remove dates from the freezer. I used a toothpick to dip the dates into the chocolate mixture. Add bake to a parchment lined sheet or plate.
- Once all dates and dipped in chocolate, garnish as desired. I used both more shredded coconut, as well as salt.
- Set dates back in the freezer to chill for another 10 minutes or until the chocolate has hardened.
What do you think?