Funny story about this cake … I decided the other night to try and make my own rose water (Which is a very interesting process and will do a separate post about it later) And I had a lot of leftover simmered rose petal water after the process.. so I decided to come up with this cake 🙂 Surprisingly it turned out pretty dang amazing! I hope you guys enjoy its uniqueness as much as I do. Ryan and I have been eating it in the morning with my matcha latte, and his coffee!
Breakfast or Dessert – Rose Almond Cake – GF Gluten Free
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 4 eggs beaten or flax egg for vegan
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp cardamon
- 1 tsp fresh lemon zest
- 1/2 cup rose water I used homemade
- 1/4 cup Argan oil or coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons honey maple syrup, or coconut sugar(1/2 cup)
- Dried organic rose petals and toasted almonds or pistachios chopped for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease an 8″(or smaller ones like mine) cake pan and line the bottom with a circle of parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the Measure for Measure rice flour, almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cardamom. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, honey or maple, rose water, lemon zest, and argan or coconut oil.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk to combine. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake the cake for 25 to 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool in the pan for a few minutes. Invert it onto a cooling rack to finish cooling completely. Before serving, around the edges add honey and sprinkle the edges with rose petals and chopped almonds.
- Keep wrapped in room temp for several days or put in the freezer or fridge to last longer.