“Keep the pumpkin recipes coming!”— I hear ya, I hear ya. I’m glad to see and receive so many messages of you guys trying my various pumpkin recipes this Fall. Here’s the recipe for my browned-ghee pumpkin and orange muffins. I’m dairy-free— my body has never really tolerated it well so when I tried a version of browned-ghee, I was SO excited about the indulgent, buttery flavor. I know this will become a regular in your Fall baking rotations!
Browned Ghee, Orange and Pumpkin Muffins
For the wet ingredients:
- 1/3 cup ghee
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar you can also use maple syrup or honey
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- Zest from 2 large oranges
- 2 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 tsp alcohol free vanilla extract
For the dry ingredients:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ceylon cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp salt
For the glaze:
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk thick part only— leave the liquid in the container
- 1-2 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1/2 cup honey
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a muffin pan with liners.
- Brown the ghee by adding it to a saucepan over medium heat. After a few moments, it will begin to foam. Make sure you continuously whisk during this process. You will know your ghee is browned when the color is a beautiful rich amber color shade and the scent will be nutty. Move the ghee to a bowl and set aside to cool.
- In the meantime, add the wet ingredients to a bowl and whisk well. Add dry ingredients and mix until combined. Stir in the cooled brown ghee and divide the batter into the baking liners.
- Bake at 350F for 25-27 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- To make the glaze, whisk the coconut milk, orange juice, zest and honey together. Once the muffins are cool, glaze and enjoy!