If there is a health food that is rising in popularity, you know I’m ALL over it! I always want to try new things so I can let you guys know about my findings. I’ve had this butterfly pea powder for a while and am just recently seeing it pop up all over the place, so in the past few months, I’ve started incorporating it more and more!
Butterfly pea powder is a superfood that is rich in antioxidants and has been used for centuries in eastern medicine as a natural stress reliever, brain booster and to reduce inflammation. I love it because it has a mild tea taste, awesome health benefits and can make any dish or drink look special because of that gorgeous periwinkle color!
Butterfly Pea Powder Iced Matcha Latte
- 1/2 tsp matcha
- 1 cup of your favorite non-dairy milk
- 1/2 tsp blue butterfly pea powder
- Filtered water
- In a small bowl, add your matcha and a small amount of filtered water. Using a whisk, whisk the matcha and water together until it’s free of clumps.
- In a milk frother or a small bowl, combine a bit of milk with the butterfly pea powder to make a concentrated mixture of blue milk.
- In a large glass, add ice, the blue milk, plain almond milk and the whisked matcha and stir well. Enjoy!