Everybody loves finger food. When serving anyone a special meal for Christmas, I love to incorporate easy, casual appetizers for easy snacking. Each time I’ve made this crostini with herbed goat cheese, roasted pumpkin and fresh pomegranate, the whole family eats so many we’re hardly hungry for dinner 😂 The toppings are up to you but I love the pumpkin and pomegranate for a really festive dish! Make it as hors d’oeuvres / appetizers to serve or if you’re like me… make it for dinner and watch it while cozied up with a Christmas movie! Enjoy!
Christmas Crostini with Herbed Goat Cheese, Roasted Pumpkin and Fresh Pomegranate
- 1 loaf gluten-free bread I used a GF rye bread from my local market
- 4 cups peeled roasted and sliced pumpkin
- 8 oz goat cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- Dill basil, tarragon, thyme, rosemary, chives, parsley— use the herbs you have! I did 1/2 cup of everything mixed together.
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Halve the pumpkin, remove the seeds and brush with a little olive oil. Place flesh side down on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Roast for 45-50 minutes or until tender.
- In the meantime, toast your bread. I used a GF rye but use your favorite. A GF baguette would be just delicious!
- Prepare your goat cheese. I added the cheese to a bowl with all of the minced arms. Using a fork, I mashed everything together. If you have a hard time doing this, I recommend letting your cheese sit at room temperature for a few minutes or adding a dash of filtered water to help temper it.
- Once the pumpkin is roasted, prepare the crostini. I layered on the goat cheese mixture, roasted and sliced pumpkin, more fresh herbs and a generous sprinkle of pomegranate seeds. Drizzle olive oil on top and finish with salt and pepper.