I wanted to share an easy recipe for ground chicken that stores well as leftovers and can be added to pretty much any dish that needs a little extra protein. I love to make a larger batch of it and add it to my salads throughout the week! The spices and seasonings are what elevates this chicken recipe, but as we are all trying to limit our trips to the store, use what you have!
Easy, delicious ground chicken.
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 limes juiced
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or water
- 6 collard green leaves rind removed
- 1 large handful of basil
- 1/8 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds
- 1/8 tsp cayenne more if you want it spicy
- 2 in fresh ginger peeled and minced
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- garlic pepper to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large pan. Sauté onion until translucent.
- Add in chicken and cook until golden brown. Add in minced garlic and ginger and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add in all spices and herbs and mix well.
- Pour in 1/2 cup of chicken broth or water. Cover and let simmer for 5-8 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Add in lime juice and mix. Remove from heat and garnish with lime wedges, collard greens and sprinkle with basil. Serve immediately.