An easy egg taco for lunch because healthy, yet delicious food does NOT have to be expensive or time-consuming! This is my go-to recipe as it’s protein packed and can be switched up, depending on what you have on hand. Feel free to doctor the tacos up any way you like: adding ground meat or turkey, or sautéing onions and peppers to add to your scrambled eggs!
Easy, Quick Egg Tacos
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of spinach
- 1/4 onion chopped
- 1/4 of a habanero pepper
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- 1/8 tsp taco seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- @SieteFoods almond flour tortillas
- Sprouts for garnish
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- @bitchinsauce— original flavor
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in pan. Add chopped onion and sauté on medium low for 8 minutes or until golden brown. Add in minced habanero and sauté for 1 minute.
- In the meantime, add eggs, spices and 1 tbsp olive oil to a bowl. Whisk together and turn your heat to low.
- Add in your spinach to your skillet to wilt. Add in whisked eggs and scramble.
- To plate, add warmed tortilla and your scrambled eggs. Top with fresh sprouts and a drizzle of @bitchinsauce.