Cook for the weather you want, not the weather you have! I was craving some sunshine and this ceviche totally brightened up my day. Fresh fish cured in lime juice, tossed with olive oil, jalapeños, beans and fresh lemon zest make this an easy and fun appetizer for both parties or casual dinners at home.
Easy Sea bass Ceviche
For the fish:
- 2 lbs fresh organic sea bass (or whichever mild white fish you prefer)
- 1 1/2 tsp celtic salt
- juice of 2 lemons
For the dressing:
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1 small clove garlic
- 12 ounces butter beans cooked and drained
- 1 1- inch piece of a seeded jalapeño pepper seeded
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- To plate:
- 1/4 cup butter beans cooked and drained
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 1 serrano chiles minced and seeded
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- After rinsing and trimming, cut your fish into 1 inch cubes and put them in a large bowl.
- Dress with lemon juice and sprinkle with celtic salt. Cover and put in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- To make the dressing, add the herbs, garlic, butter beans, jalapeño, and lemon juice to a high powered blender. Separate the fish from its natural juices (the cloudy white liquid that has made a pool in the bowl), and add to the blender.
- Blend on high and add the olive oil to the hole in the lid and blend until the dressing becomes creamy.
- To plate: add your fish to the platter and drizzle your dressing over it. Sprinkle with butter beans, green onions, chiles, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Finally, drizzle with olive oil and serve.