We had the first big rain and thunderstorm here at my new home in Umbria, Italy yesterday and I felt so inspired to get in the kitchen and get a start on this year’s Fall recipes. My Fall Scramble with Pumpkin, Zucchini, and Basil adds the most festive autumnal touch to otherwise simple scrambled eggs. The key for this scramble recipe is the proper order of the vegetables— make sure to follow the instructions in terms of adding them in as the pumpkin will take longer than the zucchini to cook and become tender. Other than that, it’s a simple and delicious way to enjoy your favorite fall ingredients. Enjoy Xx
Fall Scramble with Pumpkin, Zucchini, and Basil
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 white onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 small pumpkin squash diced
- 8 organic eggs whisked
- 1 small zucchini diced thinly
- 1 tsp dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- 6 medium/ large basil leaves chopped
- Parmesan cheese grated
- Add 2 tbsp olive oil to a pan. Add in the onion and sauté until fragrant and nearly translucent. Add in the small dices of pumpkin and stir. Stirring occasionally, cook with the lid on until the pumpkin is fork-tender. Season with salt and pepper and red pepper flakes to taste.
- Add in the garlic and zucchini and mix. Cook another 3-5 minutes or until the zucchini begins to soften up. Add in the chopped basil.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl with 1 tbsp of olive oil and salt and add to the vegetable mix. Stirring consistently, scramble and cook the eggs to your liking.
- Divide between 3-4 plates, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle on parmesan cheese.