WAX BEANS! When I posted this recipe to my Instagram stories, I got so many DMs of people saying they had never seen these! Introducing wax beans, a cousin to the green bean. They taste similar, but are lacking the chlorophyll that gives green beans that bright pigment! I found my beans at a local farmer’s market but if you can’t find them, regular green beans will also be delicious in this sweet and tender preparation.
Fresh & Tender Wax Beans
- 1 bunch of wax beans or green beans, ends removed
- 2 tbsp walnut oil
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 tsp all purpose seasoning
- 1 tsp herbs de provence
- 1 tsp dried minced onion
- 1 tbsp minced tarragon
- 1 tbsp minced basil
- 1 tbsp minced dill
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add oil to pan over medium heat. Sauté the beans for 5 minutes in the pan and then add all spices and mix well. Cover with a lid and let the beans steam for 5-8 minutes on medium low. Stir occasionally.
- Remove the lid an. sauce beans for 5 minutes, add in all spices and mix well. cover with a lid on medium low and let the beans steam for 5-8 minutes, depending on how many beans.
- Remove lid and check that the beans are cooked all the way. Once cooked through, add the lemon juice and mix well.