Fresh Watermelon with Blistered Blueberries and Honey-Vanilla Goat Cheese
My Fresh Watermelon with Blistered Blueberries and Honey-Vanilla Goat Cheese is going to be the hit of the BBQ. While that may be a bold statement, I’m confident this dish will please the whole family! I love the way the whipped goat cheese contrasts with the sweet blueberry compote and the freshness of the cold watermelon and mint is sure to brighten up any hot summer day! Make it for this weekend’s holiday and allllll summer long! Enjoy 💕🍉
- 12 oz blueberries
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 lemon squeezed
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 8 oz goat cheese
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tsp alcohol free vanilla extract
- 1/2 medium sized watermelon sliced into small triangles
- Fresh mint 1 leaf per slice of watermelon
- In a small sauce pan, add blueberries, water, lemon juice and coconut sugar. Bring to a boil and stir occasionally. The blueberries will begin to open up and the sauce will thicken. Once thick, remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- In the meantime, prepare the goat cheese by mashing it with a fork. Add in honey and vanilla and mash until uniform and mixed together.
- Slice the watermelon and add to a plate. Add a mint leaf, dollop of goat cheese and drizzle with the blistered blueberry compote.