There’s many avocado-toast recipes out there— some are simple and some more complex. My Gluten-Free Avocado Toast with a Soft Boiled Egg lands somewhere in the middle. It’s under 10 minutes and truly the most delicious avocado toast out there. Before you write this recipe off, let me share a little more about my dish: it’s mashed avocado with a squeeze of lime juice, garlic powder and onion powder spread over crusty gluten-free bread, topped with a soft-boiled jammy egg and finished with lime zest and a drizzle of olive oil. Memorize this recipe because it truly is the easiest and most satisfying lunch or snack!
Gluten-Free Avocado Toast with a Soft Boiled Egg
- 2 slices gluten-free bread
- 2 eggs
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 lime zested and juiced
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- red pepper flakes to taste
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- Sprouts of choice
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil a pot of water on the stove. Once boiling, add eggs and cook for 6 minutes (or longer if you’d like more firm eggs).
- In the meantime, add slices of bread to a toaster and toast.
- Prepare the avocado layer. Add avocado to a bowl and mash with a fork. Add the juice of 1/2 a lime, and the seasonings. Mash until mostly uniform— I prefer mine with some larger chunks of avocado for variety while eating.
- Once the bread is toasted, spread the dijon and the avocado mash. Top with sprouts, and the halved boiled eggs. Add red pepper flakes, lime zest, salt and pepper and finish with a drizzle of olive oil.