There’s many avocado-toast recipes out there— some are simple and some more complex. My Gluten-Free Avocado Toast with a Soft Boiled Egg lands somewhere in the middle. It’s under 10 minutes and truly the most delicious avocado toast out there. Before you write this recipe off, let me share a little more about my dish: it’s mashed avocado with a squeeze of lime juice, garlic powder and onion powder spread over crusty gluten-free bread, topped with a soft-boiled jammy egg and finished with lime zest and a drizzle of olive oil. Memorize this recipe because it truly is the easiest and most satisfying lunch or snack!
Gluten-Free Avocado Toast with a Soft Boiled Egg
- 2 slices gluten-free bread
- 2 eggs
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 lime zested and juiced
- 1 tsp chilli flakes more or less, depending on how spicy you’d like it
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- Sprouts of choice
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil a pot of water on the stove. Once boiling, add eggs and cook for 6 minutes (or longer if you’d like more firm eggs).
- In the meantime, add slices of bread to a toaster and toast.
- Prepare the avocado layer. Add avocado to a bowl and mash with a fork. Add the juice of 1/2 a lime, and the seasonings. Mash until mostly uniform— I prefer mine with some larger chunks of avocado for variety while eating.
- Once the bread is toasted, spread the avocado mash. Top with sprouts, and the halved boiled eggs. Add red pepper flakes, salt and pepper and finish with a drizzle of olive oil.