Pancakes are such a fun food— you guys know I eat them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Try this recipe out for the most delicious, nutritious, and exciting way to eat your favorite breakfast! MOMS: this preparation of pancakes is extremely kid-friendly and when I was a private chef for a family, I would even sneak in some greens by blending spinach into the batter! Delicious and simple… enjoy!
Gluten-Free, Vegan Buckwheat Pumpkin Pancakes
- 1/4 cup flaxseed or flaxmeal
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flakes
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp alcohol-free vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup vegan milk- may need more depending on the consistency
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Blend flaxseed.
- Add all ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth.
- Set the pan to medium-low heat. Add coconut oil to the bottom of the pan. Add the batter to the pan and let one side of the pancakes cook. Checking the bottom of the pancake, check until it is brown and then flip over to the other side until that side is golden brown.
- Finish until you’ve made all your batter and top with blistered blueberries or maple syrup.