With St. Patrick’s Day next week and a bundle of kale in my fridge, I knew I had to make this recipe for you guys. Introducing the easiest way to squeeze in vegetables to a brunch: green pancakes with blistered blueberries! I used both kale and spinach because it’s what I had on hand but feel free to add any greens to the recipe. The blistered blueberries create a syrup that really balances these delicious flavors. Make for a St. Patrick’s Day surprise in the morning for the kids or any weekend if you just want to use up the last of those veggies! Enjoy xo
Green Pancakes with Blistered Blueberries
- 1 large handful kale
- 1 large handful spinach
- 2 organic whole eggs
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 9 tbsp almond flour
- 9 tbsp cassava flour
- 2 tbsp collagen i like @withinusnatural
- ghee — enough to grease your pan
- 1 cup blueberries
- In a blender, add your greens, eggs, milks and spices. Blend until smooth.
- Pour blender contents into a large bowl and whisk in both flours and collagen.
- Heat ghee in a pan or on a griddle and ladle out a pancake. Cook until one side is brown and then flip. Continue making pancakes until you run out of batter, transferring them to your serving plate after each one.
- Add more ghee to your pan and add your blueberries, stirring consistently and allowing them to blister, open and become a syrup. Pour blueberries over pancakes and serve warm.