I’m using the Fourth of July this week as a reason to celebrate the start of Summer and a great excuse for BBQ 🇺🇸 I wanted to share this recipe so we can all enjoy burgers at home, regardless of whether or not you have a grill! Feel free to use ground beef or chicken, I just personally love the flavor of bison 🍔 Toss it on the grill, or cook them on the stove— either way, it’s sure to be a summer favorite!
Healthy Bison Burgers
- 14 oz ground bison
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup GF or almond flour
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp stone ground mustard
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp onion power
- Crushed red pepper flakes to taste depending on how spicy you’d like
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl. Using gloves, fold ingredients together until combined.
- Using your fingers, form the mixture into small balls, pressing flat with your palm to create the patty.
- In a ghee-greased pan, add the patties to cook.
- Cook time will depends on how thick your patties are but I cooked mine for 8 minutes on each side. Make sure to cover halfway through so the inside cooks evenly.
- Top with your desired toppings. I plated mine with my GF bun recipe (will share this soon!), caramelized onions, avocado, and halved cherry tomatoes.