By now you know how much I love my almond/ pecan milks but I recently made this blend and my body LOVES it. It’s a homemade vegan milk made with almonds, pecans, flax and hemp seeds (with fresh vanilla and cinnamon to make it an extra sweet treat!) I wanted to film this for you to show that making your own vegan milks at home is less expensive and time consuming than you may think (not to mention includes none of the unnecessary added craaaap the storebought variations have!)
If you decide to make a vegan milk, let me know! It makes me so happy when I hear someone try it homemade for the first time!
Homemade Vegan Almond, Pecan, Hemp & Flax Milk
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- 4-6 cups filtered water depending on your blender capacity
- Optional: 1 vanilla bean and a dash of cinnamon for flavor but it doesn’t need it in my opinion!
- Add your pecans and almonds to a bowl and submerge with water. Soak for at least 6 hours, ideally overnight.
- Drain water from nuts and rinse them well.
- Add nuts to a high-powered blender, along with flax and hemp seeds and vanilla and cinnamon if using. Add in water.
- Blend on high for about 1 minute or until it’s a creamy milk-like consistency.
- To strain, use a nutbag or a clean, thin kitchen towel and strain well into a large bowl. Store covered in the fridge for up to 5 days.