My Veggie Pad Thai is a super-easy, healthy meal that’s perfect for spicing up a weeknight! Using the veggies you have on hand, the recipe can come together in under 15 minutes. I found a delicious hearts of palm “pasta” at Trader Joe’s to make this recipe gluten-free but feel free to use zoodles or any other GF pasta you’d like. What I love about this dish is how customizable it is— make it with chicken, shrimp, tofu, or even make it vegan! Enjoy!
Homemade Veggie Pad Thai
- 9 oz hearts of palm pasta I got this at Trader Joe’s but you can use any gluten-free pasta you’d like; I also think zoodles would be great!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast cubed
- 2 eggs
- 3 green onions
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 2-3 tbsp lime juice
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- Vegetables of choice I used red and green peppers, carrots, broccoli and spinach for a mod traditional pad thai but use what you like and have!
- Rinse hearts of palm “pasta” (if you’re using traditional noodles, cook according to package directions).
- Heat 1 tbsp of sesame oil in a pan and add cubed chicken breast. Salt and pepper the chicken well. Using tongs, flip the chicken once browned on one side and cook each side for around 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside.
- In the same pan, add the remaining sesame oil and add your vegetables and garlic. Sauté until tender. Pour in the eggs, stirring consistently to scramble.
- Once the noodles are ready, add the noodles, tamari, peanuts, cooked chicken and red pepper flakes. Stir until fully mixed.
- To plate, drizzle with lime juice and garnish with fresh basil and green onion.