Lamb Chops with Fresh Herb Pea Sauce
Lamb chops were always on my list of “special occasion” foods but I saw a few at the farmer’s market and set out on the task of preparing them for dinner tonight. They turned out delicious and would be a great option for a romantic date night in quarantine or for a family dinner at home!
- Lamb chops amount depends on how many people you’re serving
- 1 cup peas
- 1 handful fresh mint
- 1 handful fresh parsley
- 1 handful fresh dill
- 1 handful fresh tarragon
- 1/3 cup walnut oil or more based on desired consistency
- 1/3 cup olive oil or more based on desired consistency
- 1 whole lemon juiced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 F.
- In a cast iron skillet, pan sear your lamb chops on super high heat until golden brown on each side.
- Once browned, move the lamb chops to the oven to cook for 8-10 minutes, depending on how thick they are.
- Bring water to a boil on the stove and add in your peas. Cook your peas for 30 seconds, take them out and rinse them in cold water to stop the cooking process.
- In a food processor, add your fresh herbs, oils, lemon, peas and seasonings. Pulse until you reach your desired consistency— I prefer mine not to be completely smooth!