I know we unofficially declared banana bread as the “official” food of quarantine, but wait until you try this GF poppyseed loaf. One bite and you’ll be hooked on the sweet and lemony glaze 🍋 I know a lot of us are snacking more while in quarantine and this is an easy loaf to bake up— serve warm with a cup of tea or cut a slice for a quick snack or dessert!
*inspired by @ariellelorre’s recipe xx
Lemon Poppy Seed Loaf Cake
For the cake
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup hazelnut flour
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar or your choice of natural sweetener
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 coconut oil
- 1/3 cup honey or agave
- 1 tsp baking soda1/3 cup fresh lemon juice use a little more if you like it really lemony
- 1 tbsp poppy seed
- Pinch of salt
For the glaze:
- 1/2 cup coconut cream or coconut milk powder
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together. Mix all the wet ingredients together and then whisk together until fully combined, without clumps.
- Line parchment paper in a loaf pan. Pour into loaf pan, top with some extra poppy seeds and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Once golden brown on top, remove from oven and let cool.
- Separately, mix the glaze ingredients in a sauce pan until evenly mixed and warm. Remove from heat and pour over the top. Enjoy 🙂