This seasonal libation is not to be missed. It combines the smokiness of your favorite mezcal (can be swapped with silver tequila if desired) and a fruity flavor thanks to the muddling of some sweet ripened blackberries. Need I say more? I’m certain you will enjoy it as much as I did!
Mezcal and Blackberry Cocktail
- 6-8 fresh ripe blackberries depending on size
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1.5 oz mezcal or silver tequila
- Sparkling water
- Honey to taste
- In a cocktail shaker, add around 6-8 blackberries, rosemary and lemon juice. Using the back of a spoon or muddler, muddle the ingredients together to release the juices of the blackberries.
- Once muddled, add the tequila and honey (I used just a drop because I don’t love my cocktails sweet but this is up to your preference).
- Add ice to a cocktail glass and after shaking the shaker well, strain the drink into the glass. Finish with sparkling water and gently stir with a straw to combine. I garnished with a fresh blackberry and another sprig of rosemary.