My Healthy Holiday Eggnog
- 5 small eggs or 4 large
- 2 additional egg yolks
- 1/4 cup organic maple syrup
- 4 cups unsweetened almond milk help milk or other alternative milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp rum extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- In a saucepan, combine eggs, egg yolks and syrup
- Slowly whisk in your preferred milk
- Add the spices, vanilla and rum extract
- Heat over low heat, stirring continuously until it thickens. It should be thick enough to coat the back of a spoon when finished.
- Pour the eggnog into your container and let it cool until room temperature. Refrigerate.