One Pan Roasted Tomato Soup with Mini Grilled Cheese
Los Angeles has finally hit soup season! It’s been cold and cloudy the past few days and it’s finally time to share one of my most comforting recipes… EVER. Once you make my One Pan Roasted Tomato Soup with Mini Grilled Cheese, you will crave it every time it’s a little cold, rainy or whenever you’re looking for something warm and comforting.
he soup itself roasts away in ONE PAN (!!) and is easily blended to pure, creamy perfection. While it roasts, simply prepare the mini grilled cheese, which in my opinion, is the best part. I just love the combo of warm tomato soup and crisp and golden grilled cheese and I know kids and adults will both crave this amazing recipe.
- 8 large tomatoes
- 1 red onion roughly chopped
- 2 carrots roughly chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 5-6 tbsp olive oil
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tbsp cumin
- 1/2 tbsp all purpose seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- 1 bunch of basil
- 1 bunch of dill
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 6 slices gluten free bread
- Goat or sheep’s milk cheese I used goat’s milk cheddar and mozzarella
- Full fat coconut milk
- Extra dill and basil
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350F. Add all ingredients for the pan into a large casserole dish, finishing with olive oil. Roast for 45-50 minutes until all ingredients become soft. Once roasted, remove bay leaf and the greens from the tomato. Add the roasted ingredients to a blender, including the juices that accumulated.
- Add the basil, dill and almond milk to the blender with the roasted ingredients and blend on high.
- To prepare the mini grilled cheese, cut thin slices of gluten-free bread, topping with desired cheese and coating the outsides with ghee or butter. Fry until both sides are golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- To make them mini, cut off the crusts and quarter.
- Ladle in the soup to a large bowl, drizzling with coconut milk and garnish with dill, basil and the mini grilled cheese. Finish with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and enjoy.
Submit your review