This savory pumpkin humus is the perfect appetizer or snack for the remainder of the fall season! It takes less than 10 minutes to put together and stays fridge-fresh for an entire week. I love the subtle taste of the pumpkin (and I know my body loves all the additional nutrients and antioxidants). Topped with pomegranate and pepitas and served with veggie chips, this hummus is a creamy Fall take on the classic dip.
Savory Pumpkin Hummus with Pomegranate Seeds and Pepitas
For the hummus:
- 15 oz organic chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 small baking pumpkin or 15 oz organic pumpkin puree
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch of cayenne
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh rosemary
- 3 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- Preheat the oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut the pumpkin from stem to end and pull the halves a part. Scoop out the seeds and most of the stringy bits.
- Place the cut side down on the baking sheet and roast until the pumpkin can easily be pierced (between 45-60 min depending on the size).
- Cool until you can safely handle the flesh and add to a food processor. Process until very smooth, around 3-5 minutes.
- Add 15 oz to your food processor and add all other ingredients (except for the pumpkin seeds, pomegranate and rosemary— those are for topping).
- Pulse until combined well and very smooth.
- To plate, add hummus to a bowl and top with pumpkin seeds, pomegranate, minced rosemary and a light drizzle of olive oil.