Although I don’t drink often, I love a fresh cocktail every now and then. This sparkling pear and ginger cocktail is perfect for Thursday’s holiday… it’s refreshing, light and full of delicious flavors. I love the way the pear syrup combines with the apple cider vinegar, thyme and ginger to create a complex tasting (but easy!) recipe. Top it with a pour of your favorite champagne or prosecco for a festive touch and enjoy. Cheers!
Sparkling Pear and Ginger Cocktail
For the pear syrup:
- 3 ripe pears cored and chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tbsp grated ginger
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 sprigs thyme
For the cocktail:
- 2 oz pear syrup recipe listed above
- 2 oz vodka
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- Splash of honey
- 2 inch piece of ginger skin removed and cut into chunks
- Bottle of pink champagne/ prosecco or regular if desired
- In a sauce pan, combined chopped pears, water and honey. Bring to a soft boil. Lower the heat to medium and simmer for 25 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Grate in the ginger, add in minced thyme, cover the pan and allow it to sit for about 10 minutes.
- Add in apple cider vinegar, bring to a low boil and simmer for about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and strain.
- In a shaker, muddle the ginger, honey and lemon. Add ice, 2 oz of the strained and cooled pear syrup and alcohol. Shake well.
- Divide the cocktail between two glasses over ice. Top with pink champagne or prosecco and garnish with a pear slice.