A rainy week in LA for me means cozying up with a bowl of warm soup. Kale is an amazing superfood that I toss in to any recipe to add yummy flavor and beneficial nutrients. I know you’ll love this soup as a easy way to get in your greens (that isn’t JUST a salad!)
Superfood Winter Soup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 potato most skin received, chopped into small cubes
- Celtic salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bunch kale chopped (I included the spine too)
- 4 cups filtered water
- 1 cup vegetable broth made my own— recipe in my highlights!
- In a soup pot, sauté the onion until translucent in coconut oil
- Add the chopped and pealed potato, salt and pepper and sauté for 3 minutes
- Add the kale and stir until it wilts
- Add the water and broth, simmer for 30 minutes
- Pour soup into blender and blend until smooth
- Serve immediately. I garnished with pine nuts and black sesame seeds!